Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends Reborn

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Seraph vs Elf... Gidori vs Temran...Earthly vs Heavenly.
A thirst for battle EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 7:52 pm by NagaTheFallen

» Im outta here
A thirst for battle EmptyFri May 31, 2019 1:05 am by Gidori Vandor

» The Arctic Voyage
A thirst for battle EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:01 am by Zechs

» Thief in Sarizate. Not surprising
A thirst for battle EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 9:47 pm by Aj16amc

» Walking through
A thirst for battle EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 6:36 pm by Nikolai Forge

» Beginnings, and confusion.
A thirst for battle EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 6:12 pm by Sumaru Amaya

» Return to our Roots?
A thirst for battle EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:58 pm by Ryan

» Quertie Jeff. Vaium
A thirst for battle EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:20 pm by Finvarre

» Lost... In a city of Light. Ironic, huh?
A thirst for battle EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:19 pm by Finvarre

Top posters
Finvarre
A thirst for battle I_vote_lcapA thirst for battle I_voting_barA thirst for battle I_vote_rcap 
Connor
A thirst for battle I_vote_lcapA thirst for battle I_voting_barA thirst for battle I_vote_rcap 
Ryan
Zechs
Xixas
NagaTheFallen
Sumaru Amaya
Vellon (Takumi)
Gidori Vandor
Nikolai Forge

A thirst for battle

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Connor

Connor

A thirst for battle Empty
PostSubject: A thirst for battle   A thirst for battle EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:09 pm

I was walking in the streets, looking for something to do. Memories of my previous battles came to my mind, reminding me of how I led my troops to victory, along with the people on the frontline. That feeling seemed so close, yet so far... It had been so long since I last participated in a battle.

And with the Factions gathering, I too will have to choose a side soon.
Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

PostSubject: Re: A thirst for battle   A thirst for battle EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:45 pm

Xixas shot through the emaculate stone towers of the city grounds. His speed gave him the focus of traverse without worry of being revealed as a shadow, jetting throughout the city. With the Sicarian phasing, his skin appeared to be shimmers. Only that of Seraph or Demonkin could see him, yet neither are too common. Xixas came to a sudden halt, using the momentum to pressure himself against the soles of his feet. He wiped the menial sweat from his brow, and slowly cast off his hood. Xixas took a breath bad scanned the city below.
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: A thirst for battle   A thirst for battle EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 11:12 pm

As I looked at the sky, I noticed someone on one of the city's towers. Something felt off about that man, since I seemed to be the only one noticing him. What could he have been doing there? I thought it was restricted to only a certain group of selected people and no one other than them should be allowed there...
Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

PostSubject: Re: A thirst for battle   A thirst for battle EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 3:32 am

Xixas cracked each of his knuckles, and perched himself low. He inhaled slowly, and exhaled at the same pace. He closed his eyes... And launched himself upward, hit feet catching onto the smallest of grooves and cracks and holds as he shot towards the peak of the high tower, projecting himself off of those surrounding. His Fyre allowed his speed to increase highly, giving him and effort needed to finally reach the top. There, he blanched as the blood rushed through him as his body came to a stop.

"Ahh... I'll never get used to this view" He told himself, taking a seat on the tallest tower. His gaze scanned the horizon which was covered in the gray veil of clouds, threatening the peace with a storm yet to come.
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: A thirst for battle   A thirst for battle EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:27 pm

I saw the man quickly climbing the heights, reaching the summit of a tower in no time. Had my eyes decieved me or was he literally coursing on the walls, barely taking any grip or stopping in fear of falling? I had to see that by myself. Such speed was clearly not the work of a mere Human.

Gathering some strength in my legs, I jumped from roof to roof until I finally came next to the tower. Then, calculating my coordinates in order for him not to see me, neither for any one to see, though, I jumped even higher, spreading my wings briefly, just to give me the extra boost I was requiring to get to the top in one jump.

Softly landing on the rooftop, I said, looking at the horizon:

"Quite the view, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

PostSubject: Re: A thirst for battle   A thirst for battle EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:12 pm

Xixas slowly tilted his head, with a small grin. He waved casually as a gesture of well met, and slowly stood to his feet. Considering the contemporary of this stranger, he must be special. Demonkin, or Seraph most likely, as the shimmering silver skin of a Sicarian does not bode well for such a calm demeanour.

"Hello there, my friendly stranger. Yes, this view is one of my favourites, I couldn't say I've seen one to match when compared to the subtle care of the storm". Xixas turned towards his company, and extended his hand. "My name is Xixas Averall. How fair you, on this lovely afternoon?".
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: A thirst for battle   A thirst for battle EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:24 pm

I took his hand and shook it, looking in his eyes in the process, like a true handshake should be happening. There was something odd about him. He wasn't Human at all, even if he looked like one. And by the feeling of his hand... A Sicarian, perhaps?

"Nice to meet you. I'm Aurelyn. I'm doing well, thanks. I couldn't help but notice how you went up this tower. Quite impressive. Very few could do the same."

I then turned my attention to the sky, the grey clouds coming slowly, but surely.

"Ah, I've seen this many times. It is quite a common sight on a battlefield. It's like a force beyond us was expressing itself."
Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

PostSubject: Re: A thirst for battle   A thirst for battle EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:33 pm

Xixas grinned. "Thank you, I rather enjoy the aspect of dexterity. You must share the quality, if getting up here was as easy for you. Aurelyn... Now, I'm never one to judge to openly, so you'll have to forgive me, but is that Heaven speak? However, considering your ability to... Well, see me, I guess it's no secret of my origin. I am a Sicarian, of the Seventh Plane, and it's a pleasure to meet you".

The Sicarian vicariously shook Aurelyn's hand, and walked to stand right beside. He cast his hand over the horizon. "A storm is on it's way, and a lovely one at that. And, you're right. A common, and well placed backdrop on the fields of war and conquest".
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: A thirst for battle   A thirst for battle EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:45 pm

I grinned and nodded. Although my origins were no secrets after what I had done, very few would have guessed it on their first attempt.

"Indeed, I am a Seraph of the Holy Capital. I take there is no need for me to explain how I got to join you up here, then?"

Letting go of his hand, I sighed and said:

"Such a storm holds a message. A great battle is preparing, one that will be of importance for the future. Many would loose, yet many would win too. Such is the will of War, always just and never altered or influenced by anything but facts and actions."
Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

PostSubject: Re: A thirst for battle   A thirst for battle EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:22 pm

Xixas nodded, his expression gently turning solemn. "A battle does indeed approach. One laced with justice, and misunderstandings. I can only pray the outcome isn't as fierce as predicted". Xixas could only wonder...

"But, Aurelyn, my friend. This battle could be years and years away... Or it could be a matter of days. For now, it has yet to fall upon us. Let us take this time to get to know one another. Would you perhaps join me in the forest for hunting?".
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: A thirst for battle   A thirst for battle EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:35 pm

I lifted an eyebrow and looked at him.

"A hunt? Is that your way to invite a woman out? Either way, I must say that I could use some training, so a good chase would do the trick."

I got up and looked at the forest nearby.

"Lead on, I'll follow you. Lets go hunt some big preys."

A light sparkled in my eyes. The excitation of a hunt was making me eager to fight. Because, who said hunting also said a battle top the end against your prey. It's eat or be eaten.
Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

PostSubject: Re: A thirst for battle   A thirst for battle EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 6:22 pm

Xixas chuckled, slowly shaking his head. "I believe you'll find my kin and I inept in such rituals". Attraction, infatuation, desire, lust. These things were lost to a Sicarian; or mainly, just Xixas. He leaned back, and then forward to stretch his spine. "Yes, I'm not too fond of the contemporary food around here, so I take to what I've been doing for the last, say, many years".

Xixas perched himself on the edge of the building, and turned to face the Seraph. "Let's leave through the southern gate, I know some great spots over there". The Southern gate was closest in distance to Concuclare territory, meaning Xixas really did know some of the best spots. He gave his hunting partner a salute, and let himself fall to the commons below.
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: A thirst for battle   A thirst for battle EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 9:11 pm

I nodded at is request. The southern area had always been the best for hunting in the past, and I hoped it was still the same then.

I looked at him falling down. Even though he was obviously knowing what he was doing, I could not refrain a thought to go through my mind.

What a show off...

I took a few steps back before running towards the edge and jumping down the tower too, positioneed in order to spread my wings at the very last minute to prevent a crash. The destination in mind, I kept an eye on him for further details but immediately flew towards the gate and landed on the other side, waiting for further precisions about where we were going.
Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

PostSubject: Re: A thirst for battle   A thirst for battle EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 11:50 pm

Xixas decided not to supernaturally increase his speed, to save every ounce of power he had. Also, he needed to get settled on a pace of speed when hunting, to maximize stealth and timing. He reached the southern gate, and peered outside. The forest was exactly behind, and thriving.

He rubbed the back of his head, and spoke out loud, assuming Aurelyn was already in hearing range considering the fact Xixas assumed she had a respectable amount of speed. "I'm sure you noticed, but I rather enjoy living. Climbing and falling from buildings, hunting with strangers and such. I've been called arrogant, show off, self-absorbed. But hell, Aurelyn. Existing is fun. Exist it up". He joked.
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: A thirst for battle   A thirst for battle EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 3:23 pm

I landed by his side and hid my wings so they would not become a burden. I heard what he said about existance, and I could only agree to it.

"Indeed, life is too short to not enjoy it. Considering the little time we have in our respective Realms, it would be an error to not live every moment of it at our maximum capabilities."

Looking at the forest's edge, I was wondering what could be hunted there. Big games, I hoped.
Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

PostSubject: Re: A thirst for battle   A thirst for battle EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 3:27 pm

Xixas kept his speed slightly above average, as he wanted to breach the woods before it began to rain. Since, the game tends to scatter and hide their heads from the drizzle and pour of rain.

"I'm glad you understand, friend. Sadly, not everyone shares such views. Soon, I will have to meet more powerful people who cannot share the views we do, and I'm unsure as of the result". Xixas could only ponder the World Summit meeting, and the events to unfold. War, was nearly inevitable. But Xixas would do everything he could to keep his people from falling. Still, to Aurelyn, he was just another man who happened to be able to run fast, he assumed.

"But for now, let's not dwell on such melancholy. There's big game this season, and some of it likes to put up a fight. God speed!" Xixas pumped a fist in the air, and slammed it against his chest before jetting off into the trail, veering off from the path to take a quicker route to the forest.
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: A thirst for battle   A thirst for battle EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 3:40 pm

As I saw him run away, I was asking my self what he meant by this meeting... Could he have been one of the Faction leaders?

Promising myself to investigate that later, I followed his footsteps and the dust cloud he was creating while running. Although I was running, I was going at a normal speed. Something was telling me that I should keep some of my abilities hidden until truly needed.

When I finally reached him, I asked:

"So, what are we hunting? A big beast, I hope?"
Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

PostSubject: Re: A thirst for battle   A thirst for battle EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 6:34 pm

"Most likely. I've heard there's quite the outbreak of a naturalistic sub-species that has yet to determine a name. My actual goal is to judge their level of threat, and potential benefit. I assume they must be aggressive from the stories I've been hearing". Xixas kept himself at pace with Aurelyn, and turned towards her. "I can only thank Fate I've been given a fighter to run by me today".
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: A thirst for battle   A thirst for battle EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 8:37 pm

I got my hands together, showing that hunting such beasts was exciting me.

"I won't say I'm the best, but I do know how to fight in order to defend myself."

As I ended my sentence, a huge beastly cry sounded from deeper in the forest. Smiling, I looked at Xixas and said:

"I think that one's calling. We'd better answer it before it goes away, don't you think?"

I started to run deeper in the forest, heading for the origin of the cry that sounded once more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A thirst for battle   A thirst for battle Empty

Back to top Go down

A thirst for battle
Page 1 of 1