Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends Reborn

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Seraph vs Elf... Gidori vs Temran...Earthly vs Heavenly.
The Arctic Voyage EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 7:52 pm by NagaTheFallen

» Im outta here
The Arctic Voyage EmptyFri May 31, 2019 1:05 am by Gidori Vandor

» The Arctic Voyage
The Arctic Voyage EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:01 am by Zechs

» Thief in Sarizate. Not surprising
The Arctic Voyage EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 9:47 pm by Aj16amc

» Walking through
The Arctic Voyage EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 6:36 pm by Nikolai Forge

» Beginnings, and confusion.
The Arctic Voyage EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 6:12 pm by Sumaru Amaya

» Return to our Roots?
The Arctic Voyage EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:58 pm by Ryan

» Quertie Jeff. Vaium
The Arctic Voyage EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:20 pm by Finvarre

» Lost... In a city of Light. Ironic, huh?
The Arctic Voyage EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:19 pm by Finvarre

Top posters
Finvarre
The Arctic Voyage I_vote_lcapThe Arctic Voyage I_voting_barThe Arctic Voyage I_vote_rcap 
Connor
The Arctic Voyage I_vote_lcapThe Arctic Voyage I_voting_barThe Arctic Voyage I_vote_rcap 
Ryan
Zechs
Xixas
NagaTheFallen
Sumaru Amaya
Vellon (Takumi)
Gidori Vandor
Nikolai Forge

The Arctic Voyage

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zechs

Zechs

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 12:04 am

Zechs awaited on a small cliff, looking over just a small area of the vast valley of snow, surrounding it are beautiful Glaciers and treacherous mountains, there was only a small storm, but at any minute could a blizzard pick up on the small exploration that Zechs and Finvarre had planned.

"Hm, where is she? Is she lost?"

He sat down slowly, pulling out a ration block and taking a small bite, awaiting Finvarre's arrival.

Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 12:12 am

With my cloak around me instead of my normal scarf, my armor set was a dark slpotch against the white world we were entering. Slowly trekking toward Zechs, I sighed. My eyes were green with worry- the small snow flurries were due to create massive blizzards at any time they chose.

Dammit... Why was I chosen...

Memories of the military training flooded me, and my loathing for the snow came out with the blood red light brimming from my eyes. I was only chosen for how I could handle the snow- not for my liking or disliking of it.

"Hail thee, Zechs."

The formal words from my land were out of my lips in moments, and my right fist was over my heart in a salute.
Back to top Go down
https://legendsreborn.forumotion.net/t82-finvarre-light-caelator#
Zechs

Zechs

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 12:17 am

Zech's head perked up, turning himself around while standing up, he returned the salute.

"Greetings, Finvarre. I was beginning to get a bit concerned at your arrival time, regardless, I am glad you made it."

He turned his attention out to the vast scenery of the Glacial Lands, taking a big admiration of it, not minding the harsh colds.

"Quite a sight, wouldn't you agree?"
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 12:20 am

Raising an eyebrow, I looked over the glacial lands.

Yeah, if you wish to die.

"Yeah, if you like the cold."

Standing by his side, I could feel the packs on my hips weighing my legs down.

I'm so not prepared for this..
Back to top Go down
Zechs

Zechs

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 12:39 am

"Well, we should get going, this trip- out of many others- will help Concuclare understand the Glacial Lands much more."

He tucked his ration block away in his coat, and walked a little ways past Finvarre.

"Let's get started."

Before he went any further, the blizzard had picked up, blowing Zechs off of the cliff where they resided, and plummeted down to the bottom, tying a rope to an ice spear, he threw it at a tree trunk, and swinging back into the cliff side, and landing on the branch of a tree.

"This is quite a set back.."

He saw the blizzard was raging around him, the snow blinding his sight almost completely.

Last edited by Zechs on Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 4:06 pm

"Captain!"

The throw he had made was sure, and held fast to the trunk of a tree near me. Looking down over the cliff, I frowned.

"We weren't supposed to jump.."

Grabbing the rope, I began to pull him back up to the bluff, Slowly and surely so as not to injure him.

Clumsy oaf...
Back to top Go down
Zechs

Zechs

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 9:17 pm

He grabbed on to the ledge, pulling himself up, he brushed his coat off and took a glance over the edge of the cliff.

"I expected danger from here, but not so soon.."

He turned his attention back to Finvarre, even with his personality being almost all cold and serious, he managed a smile of appreciation.

"I owe you my life. Thank you, Finvarre."

He turned himself around to look at the Glacial Lands, acknowledging the danger of this entire place.

"We should get going, now."
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 9:24 pm

Nodding my head, I held my arm to his chest.

"Follow."

Being careful to keep my eyes open for the signs of danger, I lead us down the cliff hill toward the safe flat, before pointing further North East.

"That is to the sea."
Back to top Go down
Zechs

Zechs

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 10:19 pm

"This will only be a short exploration, so let us get this finished up so we can head back as soon as possible."

He adjusted his swords and gauntlets before starting to walk further toward where Finvarre was pointing.

"I am hoping we don't encounter the beasts that I had run into before.."
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 10:30 pm

Materializing my Chakrams, I walked slightly ahead of Zechs. Turning when I could feel loose ice under my boots. My cloak kept my back warm, but I knew that wasn't really a need. The body I was reborn into didn't get cold whenever I kept my armor on. Frowning as I continued, I could feel my eyes shift to their usual teal- signifying my nostalgia.

"Stop."

Feeling a rumble in the ground, I held my arm out- pausing Zechs by using the flat of my chakram to block his path.

"Feel that?"

What could make tremors like that....?
Back to top Go down
Zechs

Zechs

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 2:15 am

"No, could it be?"

The tremor had stopped, Zechs feeling slightly concerned, but hid it by keeping his cold expression.

"I do, but let's keep walking, unless it keeps going we shouldn't be worried."

He continued his path, remembering what he had fought before, he could even feel the pain he had sustained from the battle.
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 10:31 am

"Sir."

Pointing at the peak of the mountain, I could make out the beginnings of an Avalanche. Steering him to the right, I grabbed his arm and began to run for a cave that I could just see in the distance.

Don't look at the mountain, don'tlookatthemountain, DON'TLOOKATTHEMOUNTAIN!

Arcing for speed, I just continued to run, knowing that Zechs could keep up.
Back to top Go down
Zechs

Zechs

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:32 pm

Zechs was keeping pace with Finvarre, the avalanche gaining on them every second, he activated his Speed Excel, and dashed into the cave, and shot up two ice shields to block the entrance.

"I am really getting sick of this place.."

He brought out two rations blocks, tossing one over to Finvarre.

"It doesn't have flavor, but it'll hold us over for now."
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:36 pm

Catching it, I slowly unwrapped it. Putting my back to Zechs, I let my visor open over my mouth, before eating the block. My eyes warped to a purple color from surprise, then orange due to curiosity. Lowering my visor, I looked at Zechs over my shoulder.

"Warmth."

If he dies on me, I'm screwed...
Back to top Go down
Zechs

Zechs

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 11:18 pm

Zechs took a bite and tucked his ration block back inside his coat, letting out a sigh.

"I am guessing you regret joining me on this mission, huh?"

The tremors they had felt before returned, a slight bit bigger, as well.

"Those tremors..Again?"
"Could they be-?"
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 11:23 pm

"No, Zechs."

Taking my cloak off, I put it around him and clasped it to his shoulders. Opening a pocket from the side, I clipped my scarf back onto my left shoulder before staring down at him.

"I was trained for this."

Getting down on my hands an knees, I let my helmet dissipate in a shower of light, and put my ear to the floor. Hearing something burrow underground, and then stop, I frowned. Noticing that Zechs could now see me- and thus my scar - I blushed. My eyes lit up a bluish hue from embarrassment, and my shining marks were now more visible from the emotion.

"Creature."
Back to top Go down
Zechs

Zechs

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 11:40 pm

"I see."

He sat up, brushing his coat off, handing her cloak back to her.

"Coldness does not affect me as much as you'd think."

The tremors had gotten worse little by little, one of his shields broke, meaning the avalanche had stopped.

"We should try getting out of here now, whatever that creature is, it wouldn't be wise confronting it here in this small space."

Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 11:42 pm

"Keep it. Not for cold."

Frowning, I created my chakrams, jabbing them into the ice and making square holes for us to move through, before frowning as I looked at the entrance...

....Which was blocked by snow.

"Zechs..."

Looking behind me, I frowned at him.

"Stand back."
Back to top Go down
Zechs

Zechs

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 11:54 pm

"I-uh, right."

He took a step back, feeling the tremors getting tremendously close, he felt a looming sense of oncoming danger, but wasn't sure where it would come from.

"I cannot afford to fight that thing again.."

He stared down at himself, the pain of his chest grew, it couldn't tell if it was real or not.
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 3:20 pm

Putting my hands together, I created an orb of light. Pushing it forward, I gritted my teeth as I focused it through the large sheet of ice that still stood between the snow and us. As the Orb of light grew brighter, I was glad that it didn't affect me- because soon the magnifying effect of the ice was melting the snow, creating a way out for us. A few more minutes of this, and the only thing that remained between us and the outside was slush. Having gone through half the ice sheet, I took a deep breath- turning to Zechs.

"Tremors are stronger. We need to keep going north east. Enter Kakusu territory, and possibly make it to the sea."

Frowning, I went over the map that Zechs had given me, mulling over the directions.

"It's closer."

And probably hungry... Whatever's making those tremors isn't small.
Back to top Go down
Zechs

Zechs

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 4:55 pm

"Understood."

The tremors grew until the cave started to crumble around them, the back of the cave collapsed on itself, cracks leading up to the entrance of the cave, about to collapse on them.

"Tch.."

The tremors were incredibly strong, and fully collapsed the cave, Zechs just barely holding it back.

"This is bad.."
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 5:54 pm

Seeing the tremors had begun to collapse the cave, I picked Zechs up and tossed him over my shoulder- kicking through the ice barrier. Running through the now freezing slush, I set him down and watched as the cave collapsed entirely.

"Shit."

It's coming, and we're losing time.

Grabbing Zechs' arm, I began to run toward the NorthEastern border between Kakusu and the 60% of what Concuclare owned of the Glacial Lands.
Back to top Go down
Zechs

Zechs

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 6:24 pm

"So much for exploration.."

The tremors had gotten worse, as if the monster was right under their feet.

"It will be here any moment, we might as well stay and fight it."
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 8:14 pm

Halting, I stared at the ground in wait. Summoning my Chakrams, I grit my teeth, setting myself for a battle.

Well. First time to truly battle in Ae'Ire...

Shouting, I watched as the monster erupted from the earth.
Back to top Go down
Zechs

Zechs

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 3:55 am

He saw the beast emerge from the ice, his memories froze him momentarily, he shook his head and stared at the the six heads that emerged from the massive body of the monster, it had impenetrable ice along the top of it, but none on the bottom, so he knew where to attack from his past battle, its tail was spiked, if it hit an object, it would freeze almost instantly, and break apart. It let out a deafening roar, showing its fangs, each breath it took sent out a small burst of frost, its frost breath could take away the feeling of anything it touched, any person or animal.

"Attack it from the bottom and avoid its tail and frost breath.."

He unsheathed Arondight, and took his stance against the Hydra.

"I am not by myself this time, we can win this.."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Arctic Voyage Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Arctic Voyage   The Arctic Voyage Empty

Back to top Go down

The Arctic Voyage
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next