Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends Reborn

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Seraph vs Elf... Gidori vs Temran...Earthly vs Heavenly.
A wild new race appears contest EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 7:52 pm by NagaTheFallen

» Im outta here
A wild new race appears contest EmptyFri May 31, 2019 1:05 am by Gidori Vandor

» The Arctic Voyage
A wild new race appears contest EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:01 am by Zechs

» Thief in Sarizate. Not surprising
A wild new race appears contest EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 9:47 pm by Aj16amc

» Walking through
A wild new race appears contest EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 6:36 pm by Nikolai Forge

» Beginnings, and confusion.
A wild new race appears contest EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 6:12 pm by Sumaru Amaya

» Return to our Roots?
A wild new race appears contest EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:58 pm by Ryan

» Quertie Jeff. Vaium
A wild new race appears contest EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:20 pm by Finvarre

» Lost... In a city of Light. Ironic, huh?
A wild new race appears contest EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:19 pm by Finvarre

Top posters
Finvarre
A wild new race appears contest I_vote_lcapA wild new race appears contest I_voting_barA wild new race appears contest I_vote_rcap 
Connor
A wild new race appears contest I_vote_lcapA wild new race appears contest I_voting_barA wild new race appears contest I_vote_rcap 
Ryan
Zechs
Xixas
NagaTheFallen
Sumaru Amaya
Vellon (Takumi)
Gidori Vandor
Nikolai Forge

A wild new race appears contest

Go down 
+6
Aj16amc
ZakW
Vellon (Takumi)
NagaTheFallen
Nikolai Forge
Connor
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Connor

Connor

A wild new race appears contest Empty
PostSubject: A wild new race appears contest   A wild new race appears contest EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 10:02 pm

The admins have come to an agreement that a new race should be added to this forum, but we all lack the idea for it. Therefore, we decided to make our members participate ^^.

Until Saturday, November 2nd 2013, post under here your race idea. On that date, this topic will be locked and the best race will be named victorious.

Only rule: don't make it over abusive and explain well, and don't make it conflict with another Race's concept (ex: a Dragon person while we already have Paradigms)

Let your minds expand to make this place even better ! ^^

**EDIT** Due to my own lack of attention, I realized there's a problem. We need a template. So everyone, please take your Race(s), and re-do them according to this Template.

Race Name:

Appearance:

Background:

General Powers:

Special Traits:

(Easy, right?) Again, sorry about my lack of organization. 'Six.

Back to top Go down
Nikolai Forge

Nikolai Forge

PostSubject: Re: A wild new race appears contest   A wild new race appears contest EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 10:46 pm

Race Name: Blackhawks
Description: They are winged beings similar to birds. They also have the qualities of a human. Blackhawks are capable of flying, as they have sprouted wings. Some Blackhawks might have beaks like birds, but others might have mouths and bodies like humans.
Strengths:
1. They can fly up to 200 MPH
2. They are able to shed feathers, which are sharp and can be used as throwing knives
3. Some have feet that are used for raking into their enemies
Back to top Go down
NagaTheFallen

NagaTheFallen

PostSubject: Re: A wild new race appears contest   A wild new race appears contest EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 5:01 pm

Race Name: Veratus

Appearance: The verati have green skin with the head of a venus fly trap coming out of their necks (Kinda like zetsu from naruto). they have vines as tentacles wich can wrap around each ither to make feat, and some have one eye instead of two.

Background: The Veratus race is very new, as it only appeared when a strange meteor crashed on the world, bringing several plants together and forming one singular creature, the Vertakin. This creature then used his powerful nature magic to create others of his race, and thus started the Veratus race.

General Powers: Powerful nature magic, can stretch certain parts of their bodies. They can also turn their legs into vines to attack their opponents.

Special Traits: Plant like features, some have one eye instead of two, they have the head of a venus fly-trap sticking out of their necks (Like zetsu from Naruto)

Last edited by NagaTheFallen on Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vellon (Takumi)

Vellon (Takumi)

PostSubject: Gresa   A wild new race appears contest EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:50 am

Name: Gresa

Description: The Gresa are a mute race of humanoids. The have no mouth or nose to speak of. There skin is greenish-blue which looks slimy, but is actually smooth. Their psychic abilities manifest physically on their bodies as veils. These veils are actually psychic energy leaving the body as ether, a neutral energy. It changes color depending on the mood of the Gresa and flows out of three points: the back of the head, and both the right and left elbow. This flow depicts the natural course of the energy through the body which can be redirected through the hands instead of the elbows, in case of attacking someone. The ether isn't affected by clothing, but usually the Gresa wear such things without elbows in them.

Abilities: The Gresa Have a whole host of psych abilities at their disposal, from telekinesis to pyrokinesis. Their minds are deeply connected to the ether, the other world. They draw upon it constantly and this heightens their mental abilities. This energy also grants them strength and agility, and although they prefer to be peaceful, they can be fierce in a fight. The major drawback is concentration. Gresa need to stand still and concentrate with most abilities forcing them to stand still. they have learned to counter this with shield made of ether, but it only blocks so much before shattering.

History

The gresa have been nomads for as long as their existence, traveling from place to place. They never seem comfortable, never find their niche in life. Some of their race travel in congregations, groups of up to thirty traveling the land; though most prefer solitude and the openness of the road. Only now have the reached the borders of this land, seeing it's inhabitants through new eyes. they hope finally to find their home. They were the product of a group of humans, scientists trying to bring back the dead. However when they reached into the ether, it forever changed them, forming them into the gresa. While most of the affects are beneficial, the psychological shift has forever changed them. they revere the ether as the end of all things and feel they need to protect it from the prying eyes of the other races, lest they make the same mistake. They have passed this mantle down through the generations.

Last edited by Takumi on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZakW

PostSubject: Re: A wild new race appears contest   A wild new race appears contest EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 9:07 pm

Race Name: Giests

Appearance: a blur in the air, or, with the right magic, a transparent blue humanoid

Background:  Disembodied spiritual energy that retained consciousness after their body died. When outside of a host, they cannot be seen with any 2 dimensional sight (for note, that is how humans/vampires/animals/any 3 dimensional being sees) on any light spectrum as anything more than a haze, or a blur. However, powerful psychics can sometimes sense and reveal their presence. They cannot continue to exist outside of a host for long periods of time, and hosts of particularly strong will can force a giest out of their body.

General Powers:  Possession: The ability to possess any animate or inanimate creature or object. They retain their hosts skills, abilities, and/or properties. EG: if they possess a jug of gasoline, they can pressurize and ignite it, to cause an explosion They can also dis-possess at will. They also have the ability to invoke terror in potential hosts, digging deep into their minds and pulling out the worst possible things, making them vulnerable to possession.

Special Traits: Its like a damn ghost. That takes control of you and your stuff. And generally kills you with it.

Race Name: Manipulators

Appearance: Human shaped, with whatever adaptations the individual manipulator thought looked good or would be functional (extra fingers, “odd” alignments, gills, wings, other animal parts, metal “shells”or skin, etc)

Background:  Powerful, near immortal, humanoid beings. The most powerful can simultaneously force atoms to un form-ceasing the existence of whatever they made up-and force other atoms to come together to create new life. Very few still exist, as there power and a war with the saturnities was their planets, and civilizations undoing. They're here to hunt down and exterminate the Saturnites.

General Powers: They manifest the power of control over atoms, normally within a specialized role, such as food and water creation, building constructing or repairing, or weaponization. However, the power of their best is supposed to be unlimited. They (the best) do hold themselves above everything and think themselves gods in their own right, and rarely involve themselves in anything smaller than matters of universal scale.

Special Traits:

Race Name: Terse-proletarians

Appearance: short humanoids (no more than 3ft tall) with stocky, muscular frames. males generally have lots of facial hair. Skin has a greenish tone.

Background: A an artificial race, created by human wizards to work/do physical labor that has boundless energy and are constantly (and quickly) getting stronger, faster, more skilled, and smarter. They cannot sleep. Unfortunately, this race is doomed to extinction due to their 2 year lifespan and low birth rates.

General Powers: stronger, faster humans. nothing too exciting.

Special Traits:

Race Name: Vakoo

Appearance: Human. Made to blend in. Sometimes have mismatching or missing eyes or ears.

Background:Created by human wizards to be perfect spies, they can swap eyes and ears so that more than one of them can see and hear the same things. They rebelled secretly and won their freedom.

General Powers: de and re attaching (any) body parts at will. All parts remain functional to the whole while unattached. EG: they can hold their beating heart, and it'd still be pumping blood through their veins. Notoriously hard to kill, even decapitation does not hurt them. If they displace to many parts at once however, they may lose control and die-just like a normal human that’s in pieces.

Special Traits:

Race Name: Saturnites

Appearance: Formerly 4 dimensional, they’ve taken on the 3 dimensional form of the race they’re intermingling with

Background: Near immortal, formerly 4 dimensional beings that once inhabited the planet saturn. They are at war with the manipulators, and have been for countless eons. After Manipulators changed the composition of saturn’s atmosphere, they were forced to abandon it and live among other races. Hundreds of thousands of years spent with 3 dimensional beings has forced them to regress to a humanoid appearance, but they retain their 3 dimensional sight, which allows them to identify manipulators and giests with ease. Incidentally, their long life spans and the time spent among other races has made them proficient with many weapons and technologies. They have also managed to influence races, for example, the humans “giving” thee saturnites former home planet the same name as they had-saturn.

General Powers: The same as whatever 3 dimensional being whose form they’re borrowing, other than being able to switch back to being 4 dimensional

Special Traits:

Race Name: Zernians

Appearance: like “alien vs predator’s”™ alien’s head, with a “metroid”s ™   space pirate’s body and weapons, but walk/move like “halo”s ™  elites.

trademarked by their respective owner companies, not mine nor claimed to be mine in any way

Background: an alien race with no real powers, they’ve mastered long distance space travel and plasma weapon and shielding technologies. They're here for resources, slaves, and, most importantly, water.

General Powers: none

Special Traits:

Race Name: Venesians

Appearance: Unknown

Background:  Old race of saturnite colonists, they peacefully seceded from saturn after establishing their place on venus. They maintained trade and an alliance with saturn until its demise.

General Powers: Unknown

Special Traits: Unknown

Race Name: Kabar

Appearance: 7-8ft tall humans, with pointed ears, long hair that's knotted at the nape of the neck, and fair skin

Background: A race nicknamed "seed people" because of the seed that grows on the back of their neck. When they die, that seed falls of, into the ground. They are then reborn from that seed the same shape size and strength as they were during their First Death. Because of this, they hold a ceremony on their 21st birthday, where they die for the first time (if they hadn't already previously) so that they'll be reborn at the pinnacle of their strength. In this way they can live almost forever.

General Powers: rebirth, various skills gathered over their many lifetimes

Special Traits:

Race Name: Troggs

Appearance: about 5ft tall, almost passable as human, their eyes and hair are a deep red, and skin has a slight purple tint

Background: A long forgotten sub-race of humans, they are but a small group that fears magical oppression, until recently, they were living in hiding and secret. They've developed anti-magic technologies, such as "projectors" and the armor they call "Fizzelers"

General powers: The use of projectors,
liquid (Handheld tubes with pistol grips and triggers, and two gas chambers, one in the far back, and one in front of the trigger [magazine] The back chamber is full of a gas, that turns liquid as its let out of the valve by the trigger pull, and the extra energy is formed into an ion charge, which picks up particles and solidifies in the second gas, and is then surrounded and propelled forward by the compressed liquid that was the first gas) this L-ion ammunition-liquid flowing around an ion charge- thwarts magical attempts to stop or defect it

combustion (using compressed gas and heat energy to propel solid objects out the barrel)

And the use of "Fizzelers" (anti-magic armor that works much the same as the L-ion ammunition, ion charged lightweight metal armor surrounded by flowing liquid)

Special traits: they have no magical talent
have trained to be as fast or faster than even vampires
have trained to be dead on accurate with their "projectors"
have mastered movement in their "Fizzeler" armor

Last edited by ZakW on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:33 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aj16amc

Aj16amc

PostSubject: Re: A wild new race appears contest   A wild new race appears contest EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 10:03 pm

Race Name: Nitor

Appearance: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/378/98307-71682-galactus.jpg (Normal Forme)
http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1373/49/1373494161905.jpg (Alternate Forme

Background: This race is an extraterrestrial race from a planet called Tigris. The Nitor race was created by  artificially. During a huge war from the nearby planets the king of Tigris, Ergan merged his powers of the sun and his cyborg like servants to create the Nitor as foot soldiers to protect him. This failed as the Nitor were easily manipulated by another king Rylun and they killed their king. A few years later the Galactic War ended and the planet of Tigris was destroyed. While Tigris was starting it's destruction the Nitor took the Power of the Sun that the center of the planet had collected over the years, thus multiplying the race by ten, giving them unusual powers and giving them the ability to travel to a different dimension. (Dimension travel can only happen once every 1000 years) Most Nitor people traveled to the most well known dimension and to the Earth.

General Powers: Can use Powers of the Sun (Limited to an 30 minutes everyday), Cover their bodies with armor and make their own weapons instantly. (Must feed on Solar Power to use this and only when in battle) and Electricity (Limited to when enough Solar Power is collected or a strong enough electrical source is nearby during the day but if used to much can kill)
Special Traits:
Easily Manipulated
Somewhat Dumb (Being Cyborg Like)
Back to top Go down
Zechs

Zechs

PostSubject: Re: A wild new race appears contest   A wild new race appears contest EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 3:51 am

(Resigned)

Last edited by Zechs on Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:21 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Octocactus

PostSubject: Re: A wild new race appears contest   A wild new race appears contest EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 10:25 pm

Race Name: Epeius

Appearance: That of puppets. Made of many materials.

Spoiler:

Background: Pieces of scrap (not necessarily metallic) animated and turned into living beings that can have feelings on their own. However, they don't grasp popular behavior and customs yet. Commonly used by magicians as assistants or bodyguards, but some live off on their own.

General Powers:  Detach and reattach their parts at will. Some have the power to attach completely new pieces of scrap that didn't previously belong to their body, if their creator imbued them with that power. Other part-dependant powers include projectiles, mastery of melee weapons, improved water mobility, and even flight.

Special Traits: Lack of common necessities for living beings, such as air, food, water, etc. Increased resistance against melee hits and blunt attacks. Lack of pressure points or vital organs (or parts, in this case).
Back to top Go down
Dark_Xcaliber

Dark_Xcaliber

PostSubject: Re: A wild new race appears contest   A wild new race appears contest EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 5:46 pm

Race Name: Cyborg

Appearance: Robot humanoid with indestructable body.

Background: Robots created by a scientist

General Powers: extreme strength and resistance to physical attacks. Many weapons in body such as guns and others.

Special Traits: blah blah it's a robot think about it.
Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

PostSubject: Re: A wild new race appears contest   A wild new race appears contest EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 6:05 pm

After much, careful consideration, the winner of the Race contest has been determined. We are very pleased to announce that the Gresa Race created by Takumi will become the newest Race to enter Legends Reborn. Congratulations, Takumi, and thank you for your wonderful new addition to our site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A wild new race appears contest   A wild new race appears contest Empty

Back to top Go down

A wild new race appears contest
Page 1 of 1