Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends Reborn

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Seraph vs Elf... Gidori vs Temran...Earthly vs Heavenly.
Meeting of the Factions EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 7:52 pm by NagaTheFallen

» Im outta here
Meeting of the Factions EmptyFri May 31, 2019 1:05 am by Gidori Vandor

» The Arctic Voyage
Meeting of the Factions EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:01 am by Zechs

» Thief in Sarizate. Not surprising
Meeting of the Factions EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 9:47 pm by Aj16amc

» Walking through
Meeting of the Factions EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 6:36 pm by Nikolai Forge

» Beginnings, and confusion.
Meeting of the Factions EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 6:12 pm by Sumaru Amaya

» Return to our Roots?
Meeting of the Factions EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:58 pm by Ryan

» Quertie Jeff. Vaium
Meeting of the Factions EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:20 pm by Finvarre

» Lost... In a city of Light. Ironic, huh?
Meeting of the Factions EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:19 pm by Finvarre

Top posters
Finvarre
Meeting of the Factions I_vote_lcapMeeting of the Factions I_voting_barMeeting of the Factions I_vote_rcap 
Connor
Meeting of the Factions I_vote_lcapMeeting of the Factions I_voting_barMeeting of the Factions I_vote_rcap 
Ryan
Zechs
Xixas
NagaTheFallen
Sumaru Amaya
Vellon (Takumi)
Gidori Vandor
Nikolai Forge

Meeting of the Factions

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Connor

Connor

Meeting of the Factions Empty
PostSubject: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 9:27 pm

I was sitting in a comfortable chair in the building where the leaders of all three Factions agreed to come. Transformed into Dare, Kakusu's real leader, and wearing the veil she had given me, anyone would have mistaken me for her, while she was, in fact, a little farther, hearing what was happening here.

As the Neutral president named us all, I stayed quiet, giving some looks at the others from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 9:33 pm

Ugh, how annoying...

I was holding a crystal bowl, one that almost matched my Diamond-esque form. Worried about the other Sicarian being able to sense me too easily, I was further away from Sorin than we had originally planned. Posing as a statue in the hall, I could easily see each leader... Minus Suibete's leader. He seemed to be late, and the Neutral President had decided to start to the allotted time. Having done so, we were going to let him name off each person to buy him time. Or. So it seemed.

It's quite vexing to be on the sidelines..
Back to top Go down
https://legendsreborn.forumotion.net/t82-finvarre-light-caelator#
Xixas

Xixas

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 9:45 pm

Xixas perched his hand against his chin, leaning to the side against his large, nearly throne-like chair. Across from him in a triangular form sat Dare Styll, leader of the Kakusu Faction. Her guard didn't seem to be present, which concerned him. To his right was the empty seat of Ryan Radke, the Suibete Faction leader. Ryan was the man who concerned Xixas the most, and it helped him relax not seeing the man sit in his chair.

"It looks like Suibete's either late, or not showing up to the part..." The Sicarian mumbled to himself, and stretched out his legs. Formalities were never Xixas' strong point, but he knew enough of the art to get by. However, he could never help himself from physically displaying his discomfort.

"Sir Zechs, you seem tense. Is it the crowd?". Xixas asked his personal guard as he glanced upward. The event was being held in a massive dome formed of shining gold, and sleek marble. The crowd stands themselves were shaped around the massive middle column that held the Faction leaders, circular to maximize holding space. Despite the massive amount of attendees, there was a surprising amount of room within the stands, as most were seated in the middle columns, while some of the odd balls sat above in the nosebleed section. Covering the dome was a hemisphere of transparent magic, created by the formal magic of the neutral Magi within the city. Xixas wished the dome was left open, as it looked like it was going to rain.

Xixas sighed.
Back to top Go down
Zechs

Zechs

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Zechs took a moment to take his attention off of the crowd.

"I noticed someone here, who concerns me, Temran I think his name is. Amongst other possible threats, I can't shake the feeling he'll do something.."

His guard was never down, he had battle strategies at the ready for any possible angle of attack, he didn't care too much of this event, only to protect it. He continued to set his vision at the crowds.
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:07 pm

Giving a look at the empty seat, I sighed. Some people really have no notion of politeness, it seems. I then turned my attention to the other Leader, Xixas, if I heard well. A Sicarian, just like Dare. This could become tricky, but I had faith in my lady's charm.

"Some just can not attend to reunions in time, can they? How rude of him..."
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:13 pm

Mentally facepalming, I grew more and more nervous.

Sorin! Don't act like that around him!...

My grip on the bowl tightened, and I had to take a slow, deep breath to relax. Considering that I was sipposed to look like crystal, it had to be especially slow. After calming down, I went back to observing the crowd. Several Seraphs were up high, and the one that particularly made me nervous was the Dark one, who's Echo was blacker than the others. The next to make me nervous was a vampire, young and foolish looking. Other than them, I had minor concerns for the rest, but knew better than to dismiss them entirely. Moving my attention to the figures in the seats, I narrowed my eyes at Xixas' guard.

I know him from somewhere, don't I?...
Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:22 pm

Xixas' eyes shattered their bored demeanour, and settled fiercely onto Dare. "Yes... Yes it would seem, my friend". Xixas spoke with a hardened tone, keeping his eyes locked onto the Kakusu leader. -I would bet half my DOS mines... That isn't Dare Styll-. Xixas straigtened his back, and sat straight. Then, leaned against the other end. Still, there was something wrong. This "Dare"'s Echo was different, and slightly darker than he remembered.

"Let us hope our good man, Ryan, is making haste". Xixas spoke quietly in a tone only Zechs would hear. "Keep an eye... On everything. Everyone. I can sense... A storm, much like the one above our heads".
Back to top Go down
Zechs

Zechs

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:28 pm

Zechs nodded and looked around the room, he could sense that there was something going on.

"This event has indeed got something weird going on.."

He had his hand on his sword, looking back to see a statue, he couldn't help but stare at it for a moment.

"There's something odd about that statue.."

He dismissed his vision at it but kept it in mind as he continued to scan the room, darting his vision at any sound or movement.
Back to top Go down
Vellon (Takumi)

Vellon (Takumi)

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:43 pm

I began to walk through the crowd towards the platform, my hood lowered over my face. The veil extending from above the hood, a trail of blue smoke rising into the sky. I ascended the steps and arrived at the platform. The others were here already all sitting at a table. I looked at them, extending my mind over each of them; tension hung into the air so thick it could choke you.

"I'm sorry I'm so late, I had to make my way through the sizable crowd." I say to them, With my mind. I'm sure half of them won't here; They are far to distracted on what is going on so I repeat myself, giving my title.

"Again I apologize for my absence, I am the representative and leader of the Suibete Organization" I say walking forward and sitting at an available seat at the table.
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:50 pm

By the look on Xixas's face, I guessed I had made a mistake. Still, I could also sense a doubt in his mind...

Not showing any of my concern, I turned my attention to the man that appeared from the crowd and sat on Suibete's Seat. He had not moved his lips, yet I heard him very clearly, as if he was standing right next to me.

A look of suspicion on my face, I looked at him and said:

"You did take your time to get here, sir."
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 11:03 pm

My eyes widened when I felt the telepathy extend outward. It took every bit of will I had to not drop my bowl as I saw the Gresa walk in, and I took a deep breath. Knowing that my Diamond Forme had a bare amount of my Echo, I smiled slightly at how it could disguise my Aura to even the best of readers (having tested it, of course.) The only thing that made me nervous, was the factor of Sorin. All experiments could be perfect, measurements and outcomes..

Until you added the 'human' element.

At ease...
Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 11:12 pm

Xixas could feel an array of tricks about. There was a faint tingling in his mind, an Echo that he had chosen not to pay attention to. It seemed very ethereal, but if it wished to remain hidden, Xixas would not pry. He had nearly confirmed the differences in Echo from the person sitting in the Kakusu chair, to the leader of Kakusu itself. He blinked, bored and rather hungry. Also, this representative leader of the Suibete appeared to be that of the newest species to grace the world. Xixas had never met one himself until now, but had heard stories. The... Gresha. Greca? Gresa, yes. That was it. The Echo was different from what he was used to.

After the Suibet leader arrived, the peace keeper began to speak.

"From the attendance of the governing figures of Faction Suibet, Faction Kakusu, and Faction Concuclare, the World Summit Meeting commences on the preliminary derived topic. The territory border lines; are there any comments within this area of debate? If so, please extend them now, Faction holders".

Xixas pursed his lips, yet said nothing as to the border between the back of the DOS mines and the section of Kakusu territory behind it that has yet to be settled.
Back to top Go down
Zechs

Zechs

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 11:21 pm

The debate had started, Zechs was even more tense, it was quiet, yet he knew something was going on, multiple things, but knew not where to look.

"That statue.."

He stared at it for a moment, expecting something to happen, but nothing. He sighed and stood back into his formal position.

"What exactly is going on here..?"
Back to top Go down
Vellon (Takumi)

Vellon (Takumi)

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 11:34 pm

Of course, I thought to myself, Bureaucracy wins above all.

To begin I'd like to show things as they stand for the Suibete. I say pulling out a small map from within the fold of my cloak and placing it on the table. It showed faction control of different areas and resources.

As you can see we have control of Centuru, the Ihatsun Manor, as well as the Manor graveyard and marshlands beyond to the south. To the west we have a sizable portion of farmland, enough for our peoples and export. To the east we have Lake Ignar, a rather large freshwater bounty for fishing and irigation. and to the north lies to the Evergreen forests, chiefly pine and spruce. At last census we have over 80,000 residents with the town and farming communities as well as migrant workers from other regions. Of those 80,000 we have just over 6,000 men-at-arms.
I pause here to let the information soak in.

I tell you this not as boast or as insult. It is simply information and I am passing it on in good faith to you two. I say pointing towards the other leaders. that you will be just as open and honest as I have been

At this I pick the map back up, rolling it and placing it back into my cloak. I then seat myself and turn towards the two, waiting for their responses.
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 12:00 am

I nodded, thought I doubted he had been totally honest. So few in numbers, it just could not be true.

"Indeed, honesty would be a good start for all of us, but are we really willing to reveal everything? I think not. The territories my Faction possesses is enough to suit our need, as we need nothing more, yet nothing less. Although some borders might be contested by you two, I believe each of us has enough to be at ease."

Being a Sicarian, I was not able to use my powers, therefore I hoped to not make any mistake in these debates. I had a good idea, but nothing too much in detail.
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 12:07 am

At least he remembered that part..

It was getting harder and harder to be still, as the Echo from Xixas was beginning to unnerve me, like usual. The Gresa was obviously contending, but was also.... Blatantly... Lying. To have such few men on a large territory? Impossible.

That can't be true...
Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 5:18 pm

Xixas couldn't help stifle the smile that slowly spread across his lips. He chose not to comment on the Gresa's horribly windowed lie; whether it was purposeful or not, it went against the rumours he had heard about the Gresa only being able to tell the truth. That made them deadly in any form of mentality based communication. But still... -Got'chya...-

"Oh, is that so? Ms. Styll. If I recall, and-" Xixas chuckled, loudly enough for the silent populace to hear him. "So does everyone else, the fuss we both created over the territory lines over and under Argenia, you were highly against it. You mean to tell us that you've reconsidered, and would like to give me the territory my Faction and I properly own? I must say, I'm highly impressed by your lack of usual nature. It's almost as if... You're not yourself, Dare. I've never known you to be so... Kind". He used the word kind as if it were a blade. From last year's World Summit, the debate Dare and Xixas had so heatedly engaged in was that of poisonous formalities. Using the nicest of words in the meanest of ways. He used the word "kind" to taunt this person, to see how they would react. One thing he always liked about the Kakusu leader, was that she was indeed a little quick tempered.

Still, one thing was perched in the back of his mind. This "Dare"'s Echo was strangely off. Also, there was another Echo hidden around the area, and was fluctuating in potency. Even by the barest, he could tell it was attempting to hide itself. "Zechs... If you were a stubborn woman leader of a "peaceful" Faction, where would you hide yourself?".

Xixas zeroed his gaze into "Dare"s, and his face went dark.

Last edited by Xixas on Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zechs

Zechs

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 7:49 pm

The words of his leader shocked him, his suspicions had grown worse until he had heard the question. He turned to the statue, he thought that might have something to do with it, but wasn't sure if he should bring it up and disturb this important event.

"I am not sure, sir. But I do sense something wrong here.."

His body had turned back, but he still peered directly at the statue for anything suspicious, he didn't sense anything, but knew something was wrong with it.

"That statue.."

He whispered to himself, hopefully to a point no one heard.
Back to top Go down
Vellon (Takumi)

Vellon (Takumi)

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 8:36 pm

I could sense the hesitation and annoyance I was getting from one of the two leaders; obviously my ruse had failed, I hadn't fed them enough. Maybe if I had given them more then a fifth of my force's numbers they'd have bought it. " Ah, no matter." I though to myself, "They seem content to squabble over mines and ores, let them. Territory does not win hearts, nor does ore. The truly devoted are stronger then the paid, they fight for a cause. My people... they are devoted to our cause."

"At Hem," I say to them, hoping to settle the matter. "People often change their minds, especially over trivial things such as land and wealth. One day it is most precious, the next... well you could be trapped in a hole, with nothing but your ore to eat... then it is worthless. You must decide what is more important, I assume Ms. Styll has and that this bickering over it is pointless." I finish by inclining my head and looking down at some papers on the table, showing apparent interest though my mind is elsewhere, circling the table. I wait to feel their reactions; their hate or gratitude, malice or joy. I must feel these faction leaders out, to know who I can trust, and who will lie to me. For a moment, this thought strikes me as ironic, I lie to them only to find the liars among them; and to this thought I give a slight inward chuckle of amusement.
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 7:14 pm

I lifted my shoulders and closed my eyes, arms lifted as if it was something obvious.

"Indeed, only mad people don't change their minds. Time changes us all, whether we like it or not."

It seemed he was starting to come to conclusions. Had I made mistakes or anything too obvious? Either way, that did not matter. The Gresa with us was an odd character, yet I had to be careful. I cleared my mind and my thoughts, just in case he could be able to scan my mind. After all, if he had managed to communicate as he was, he surely was able to do more...

I withstood Xixas's gaze and added:

"Kakusu desires peace for everyone and everything, just like your own Factions. But, unlike you, we think that fighting against each other is not the way to reach such a purpose. Only through peace can peace be created."
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 8:10 pm

The fault gave me the anger to crush a thousand crystalline bowls. However, I knew that patience was needed at this point. Taking a calming breath, I looked back at the leaders.

Suibete only told a partial truth- like I knew they would. Xixas... We need those mines... and no matter how UNDERSTANDING and SYMPATHETIC you are to the cause... there's no way that Sorin would have known better.... You found out, didn't you...

Feeling the tension in the air become palpable, I looked over at Xixas' guard, and narrowed my eyes. He continued to stare at me. Just to mess with him, I decided to wink.
Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 2:35 am

Xixas leaned forward in his chair. His grin formed into a smirk, his eyes dancing as if he were interested in what "Dare" had to say. The Gresa was far too inexperienced to deal in the matters the World Summit held, and this creature would be crushed by its own intelligence. Xixas was a Sicarian. He held emotions further away than any other Race to exist, being a part of his nature. Sicarians never fully understand or grasp emotion, and are very straightforward in their feelings. As of now, Xixas felt no malice, discontent, or superiority towards the Gresa. Only crestfallen in his expectations.

"Oh, is that so?". Xixas wasn't fooled by the act of pseudo maturity. In fact... That held itself just beyond the bounds of maturity, still wallowing in the label of simply foolish. "If you remembered, you would know that the boundaries of the DOS mines are indeed in Concuclare territory, as those who led before me had claimed them. There is no debate there". Xixas gave the most sarcastic look he could manage, the one he knows always got to Dare. "On the fence lines, we had agreed that the DOS mines could be divided from Kakusu by the mountain range that divides them, however, that was renounced in favour of a fence line a half mile away from the DOS mine mountain range. Now... That DOS ore has been discovered beyond the fence line, it comes under debate on whether Kakusu can mine the ore underground, or whether it belongs to Concuclare considering... The fence line was MADE during the current belief of the end line for the ore was just before the fence line". Xixas had the person sitting in Dare's seat pinned, as facts are the sword that can slice through the veil of deception. Xixas was now one-hundred percent sure...

"Dare, you're no fool. Nor a pacifist. You've always been very... hard headed." Xixas outlined, slowly exaggerating the sentence.

"So. My question now. Where is Ms. Dare Styll?. I can find out myself, if you hold no objections". Xixas took a risk calling out an act of false faith, a replacement. Xixas could never be fully sure, despite how much he wanted to be. However, Xixas was indeed, a man of risks.

"Zechs. Find her, please". He whispered.

Last edited by Xixas on Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zechs

Zechs

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 2:56 am

As Zechs stared at the strange statue, he could've sworn he saw it move, that made him realize he was over-thinking it, he sighed, but he decided to look back once more, only to see it wink. He was no longer paranoid, he knew he was right, and had to find out what was wrong with it.

"Sir! A minor issue has just arisen, I ask of you to allow me permission to settle this matter."

Back to top Go down
Vellon (Takumi)

Vellon (Takumi)

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:09 pm

Ridiculousness and childish actions I thought to myself starring at both of the so called leaders with an inward sigh. I had hoped for a conference of truth, perhaps of peace, but the lies were apparently within others here. I had hoped for peaceful resolution, but if one of the leaders cannot even be bothered to trust us enough to show up, well It was just insulting. I felt the same pressure rise inside, the want to just fight it out and be done with it, but I pushed it down... that is how they did it; And most certainly will not stoop to their levels.

"Do you mean to say that this", I point to Ms. Dare, "Is not in fact the leader of the Kakusu, but in fact, perhaps, one of her people, hiding in her place?" I say now standing slowly and reaching over the table, grabbing an apple from the table. If that is so, I would find her actions to be most dissatisfying", I smash the apple in my hand the juices and pulp falling to the floor, in my hand I hold a single seed. I had hoped to come here and bring piece between myself and the two of you, but it seems at least one of you was too cowardly to even come to the meeting" I toss the seed into the crowd where it lands in front of the statues feet. perhaps you have something to add? I ask, talking only the the "statue", for if I recall statues do not breathe, nor do they move. Then again this is a strange place, maybe they do?" At this i sit back in my seat, cleaning my hands with a small towel on my belt.
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 11:41 pm

I started to smile, then the smile left for laughter. A good laughter, though. They had seen through our mascarade, and thus there was no need to keep it going anymore. Lifting my hands up, I gradually stopped laughing and regained my serious.

"Oh, she is here with you. Just like you, of Concuclare, she just chose to come along with her own bodyguard. As far as I know, neither of us here is better than her. We all lie, we all have our beliefs about the others, and we all have taken measures to... protect ourselves, since none of us trusts the others."

Looking at the three men around the table, I smiled and said, out loud:

"I believe that there is no need to continue this Mascarade anymore. We all wear masks around this table, some more obvious than others. If this meeting is to be successful, those masks must go down."

Closing my eyes, I slowly removed the Veil covering me, its magic going off at the same time, making me stop to exist as a Sicarian in order to return to my Vaium nature, yet I kept my current appearance. Not all my secrets should be revealed at once.

Il semble que j'aie échoué... Mes excuses, Mademoiselle. Peut-être ne suis-je simplement pas fait pour la politique?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of the Factions   Meeting of the Factions Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting of the Factions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next