Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends Reborn

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Seraph vs Elf... Gidori vs Temran...Earthly vs Heavenly.
Return to Darkness EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 7:52 pm by NagaTheFallen

» Im outta here
Return to Darkness EmptyFri May 31, 2019 1:05 am by Gidori Vandor

» The Arctic Voyage
Return to Darkness EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:01 am by Zechs

» Thief in Sarizate. Not surprising
Return to Darkness EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 9:47 pm by Aj16amc

» Walking through
Return to Darkness EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 6:36 pm by Nikolai Forge

» Beginnings, and confusion.
Return to Darkness EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 6:12 pm by Sumaru Amaya

» Return to our Roots?
Return to Darkness EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:58 pm by Ryan

» Quertie Jeff. Vaium
Return to Darkness EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:20 pm by Finvarre

» Lost... In a city of Light. Ironic, huh?
Return to Darkness EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:19 pm by Finvarre

Top posters
Finvarre
Return to Darkness I_vote_lcapReturn to Darkness I_voting_barReturn to Darkness I_vote_rcap 
Connor
Return to Darkness I_vote_lcapReturn to Darkness I_voting_barReturn to Darkness I_vote_rcap 
Ryan
Zechs
Xixas
NagaTheFallen
Sumaru Amaya
Vellon (Takumi)
Gidori Vandor
Nikolai Forge

Return to Darkness

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Xixas

Xixas

Return to Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Return to Darkness   Return to Darkness EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:01 pm

Exsolus stood within the aftermath of what could be called conflict. The masses of predatory creatures within this forest had gravely mistaken their pray. Such creatures usually avoided the Caelator, but it had seemed in such a lush, vibrant area, such an instinct was overcome by feelings of hunger and dominance. Now, they littered the floor of the Imbera rain forest. Excul whipped his blade, and sent a wave of Darkness over it to clean the disgusting red splatters from his sword, and then the same aura over his body.
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

Return to Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to Darkness   Return to Darkness EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:07 pm

The stench of death hung heavy in the air, its metallic tang flooding my nostrils. The rain forest lived up to its name, vibrant plants grew everywhere, colors mixing as though they wanted to scream to the world that they were there. The beauty of the place, however, was ruined. Several natural predators littered the floor, their bodies limp and muscles relaxed. Blood was just another vibrant streak across the forest floor, and no aura other than the flora could be sensed. Disgusted by this slaughter, I continued deeper into the forest, to challenge whatever had done this to the fauna.

What.. Beast, could possibly do this?
Back to top Go down
https://legendsreborn.forumotion.net/t82-finvarre-light-caelator#
Xixas

Xixas

Return to Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to Darkness   Return to Darkness EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:42 pm

Exsolus craned his neck to peer behind him, the splatters of blood appearing black in contrast to the view of his visor. The Caelator sluggishly followed his gaze, deeper within the under story of Imbera were the never ending drizzle barely met the soil. The exuding smell of blood, and corpses rapidly turning to rot due to the consumption of Darkness. His eyes adjusted as the storm clouds overtook what little sun remain outside, and began to glow from within his black crystalline visor. There was another entity here, in the trees. Something alive. Exsolus was not one to leave chores unfinished.
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

Return to Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to Darkness   Return to Darkness EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:47 pm

As the metallic stench of blood gave way to rot, I froze.

What?

Looking, I attempted to find the source of what was causing such a sudden decomposition of the freshly killed predators, and opened my senses.

Moving Astrally, I could see a dark figure, darkness clinging to him- molded as armor. As he turned toward where I was, I knew that this being was the cause of the destruction... And was more of a threat than anything I'd ever faced before. Returning to my body, I Set off after this man, a sense of dread filling my stomach.
Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

Return to Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to Darkness   Return to Darkness EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:55 pm

The slight presence vanished from Exsolus' senses, and he felt another life force further off, yet rapidly closing in. Exsolus let his blade vanish into a flash of darkness, and began a stride towards his next chore. He calmed his emotions, the slight glow of his eyes dimmed to where nothing was visible through his helm. The wind began to rush, and the skies began to growl. Exsolus past through the trees, virtually silent.

Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

Return to Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to Darkness   Return to Darkness EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Years of honing my senses kicked into effect, and I made sure to differentiate my noises from those of my surroundings. Knowing that if I were to use my Astral again, I would be making a fatal mistake; I merely unsheathed my Katana and continued my walk. The sense of dread in my stomach grew, and I hastened my pace.

"I know you're here, somewhere... May as well meet me now."

Knowing I only had to be quiet, due to the slight noises that I could hear, I waited for my opponent.
Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

Return to Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to Darkness   Return to Darkness EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Using the stretching essence of darkness, Exsolus floated across the surface of the forest, closing in on the being that shared this space. Considering Oblivion gave no friction, or pressure, it was contemporary in silence. Not even a disturbance of his own clothing. As Excul closed in on the figure. He slowly dropped to the floor, only a few feet away from his new toy. Excul grew excited, and it reflected. The eyes within the Caelator's visor grew a shining crimson, in front of this stranger, becoming the only visible light for miles. Exsolus stared, cold and still.

"Hello...".

Last edited by Xixas on Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

Return to Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to Darkness   Return to Darkness EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:29 pm

The enemy was silent in flight, and- as he descended -I shuddered. Red light glowed from under his visor, the helmet not withholding the malice and glee that seemed to brim over from the light.

Readying my katana, I widened my stance and stared at this new target- before going utterly still. Feeling my magic lock into place, I was camouflaged with the forest.

This man feels... so wrong...
Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

Return to Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to Darkness   Return to Darkness EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:03 pm

Exsolus felt his eyes flicker from bright orange, back to an unnerving crimson. The portrayment of surprise melting back into excitement. The hunter raised an armoured hand, and slashed at incredible speed toward the spot his prey had vanished from.
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

Return to Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to Darkness   Return to Darkness EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:06 pm

My reaction time was a little too slow- and the slash landed just across my stomach. Having leapt back, I knew that his slash would have been much more damaging had it fully landed.

Merde!

Moving forward, I went into a low sprint before doing an upper slash with the Katana.
Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

Return to Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to Darkness   Return to Darkness EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:14 pm

Contact was made, even if it were slight. At his arm began to retract, a clash of metal on metal rang, and Exsolus felt contact on the plate that guarded his arm. Exsolus set his hand to his side, and extended his left hand. Exsolus instantly projected a large sphere of darkness in front of him, the sudden appearance thrusting everything in front of him away.
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

Return to Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to Darkness   Return to Darkness EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:19 pm

Being launched back suddenly, I twisted my body in the air and landed on my feet. Thankful that the floor was clear enough for combat, I looked back at my opponent in surprise. The shield that he had used was what vaulted me, but his gauntlet looked only slightly affected. Deciding to go with my instinct, I launched myself at my opponent once more- going with a sweep.
Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

Return to Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to Darkness   Return to Darkness EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 3:08 am

The sphere of darkness receded into the Caelator's left hand, staying as a bubble around his glove to expand when the aura recomposed. As the figure was moved, their outline was exposed, and Exsolus could now fully examine his prey, even as it charged at him... Yes. A woman... Not human. No heartbeat. But a working mind. The Caelator would be sure to remedy such a folly. His hand was wrapped in darkness, a flash of shadow, and the weapon in Exsolus' soul emerged. It was a blade barely visible in black of the casted shade. With the natural dexterity of a Caelator, Exsolus sliced downwards in an angle that would slam the woman's blade against the boulder beside them.
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

Return to Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to Darkness   Return to Darkness EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 2:03 pm

Even as my katana was slammed against the boulder, I used the motion to aim a kick to the jaw of my opponent- and thus two talismans.

"Lock!"

Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

Return to Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to Darkness   Return to Darkness EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 2:46 am

Exsolus felt something tug at his lips, a morbid grin. The woman was fast, and her attack would certainly have made contact considering how dark the forest was, procuring next to no light bar that of the glowing orbs behind Exsolus' visor. Also, the one factor that allowed his perfect reaction... Perfect night vision. The Caelator pulled himself back to avoid the attack, finding the sheets of paper more of a threat. Explosive, most likely, he assumed. However, this woman was still fast, and Exsolus was still newly borne into this body...

Exsolus was jarred by the kick that slammed into his jaw, sending a jolt of vibrations through his body, as well as the unexpected strength. It pushed him back, letting her blade go free. Exsolus rubbed his jaw. The kick had hit the tendril armour, not the metal plating. The skin underneath was now tender, and bruised. Exsolus stretched his arms, legs, and neck in rapid succession, still sore from creation. He bent low... And dashed! Slashing a flurry of four feints as he approached with demonic speed, forming into rapid staccatto jabs and stabs.
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

Return to Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to Darkness   Return to Darkness EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 7:32 pm

Cursing, I parried the first few of the beast's blows, before being hit in rapid succession. Still seeing how the talisman were attached to his jaw, I moved forward and aimed a palm- being hit in the side while doing this. In hopes to make a connection with the paralyzing Talisman, I took it.
Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

Return to Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to Darkness   Return to Darkness EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 3:18 am

Exsolus would not allow an attack of the same variety through his defenses again. She had shown him skill, and he would now show her the same kindness. Time seemed to slow to a settled pace, and Exsolus breathed in, and slowly exhaled.

"...Oblivion..."

Exsolus left the earth, and vanished into the shadows above. Oblivion jetted him away from the woman's attack, and his silent glide was only a prelude to the disaster to arrive. With the cover of darkness, Exsolus shot back down, his sword the vanguard to his attack, slicing down.
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

Return to Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to Darkness   Return to Darkness EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 5:59 pm

As soon as my attack was dodged, I stumbled forward. Instinct hit me light a freight train, and I dashed forward three feet, rolling and grabbing the Katana that I had left near the boulder, before turning back to see my opponent launch himself down from the sky, a black comet flying a deadly arc through the night.

"... Merde."
Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

Return to Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to Darkness   Return to Darkness EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 12:21 am

Exsolus swept his blade down, followed by an arch of shadows and a splatter of a familiar red. The Caelator's silent, incredibly swift slice hit its mark, and ripped through the left shoulder of the woman, and the tip dragged through her as his strength augmented blade sliced through, leaving a massive gash vertically across her body.

(Attack made to hit mark from lack of reaction last post as per rules).
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

Return to Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to Darkness   Return to Darkness EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 12:28 am

Coughing blood, I looked at the man through hazy- no. FLICKERING, vision. Literally going blind now, I grimaced.

"Do I at least... get your name?''

Growling, I felt my fangs sharpen.

"I admit... First and last time for me to be bested... I'd like to die knowing who bested me, at least... Please."
Back to top Go down
Xixas

Xixas

Return to Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to Darkness   Return to Darkness EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 12:46 am

Exsolus let his blade sink into his body, into a flame of darkness to slowly disappear. He grabbed her collar, and pulled her face up to his, inches away from his visor. His eyes, were glowing a furiously intense gold. With his free hand, he slowly pulled the helm from his head, and dropped it onto the grass. His face was fully revealed.

The abnormally pale skin, the horrendous black aura exuding from him, and his mess of black hair. All illuminated by the gleaming gold light of his eyes, spelling a fate worse than death. He looked into her soul, and past it. He smiled, joyous and filled with jubilation.

"Now why would I give you such a blessing?" He spoke, his voice as dark as his aura. He dropped her, and put a palm over her face. "You should be satisfied, and honoured. Just to see my face".

Exsolus summoned the blade, as he placed his hand over her forehead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Return to Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Return to Darkness   Return to Darkness Empty

Back to top Go down

Return to Darkness
Page 1 of 1