Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends Reborn

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Seraph vs Elf... Gidori vs Temran...Earthly vs Heavenly.
the forge         EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 7:52 pm by NagaTheFallen

» Im outta here
the forge         EmptyFri May 31, 2019 1:05 am by Gidori Vandor

» The Arctic Voyage
the forge         EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:01 am by Zechs

» Thief in Sarizate. Not surprising
the forge         EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 9:47 pm by Aj16amc

» Walking through
the forge         EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 6:36 pm by Nikolai Forge

» Beginnings, and confusion.
the forge         EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 6:12 pm by Sumaru Amaya

» Return to our Roots?
the forge         EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:58 pm by Ryan

» Quertie Jeff. Vaium
the forge         EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:20 pm by Finvarre

» Lost... In a city of Light. Ironic, huh?
the forge         EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:19 pm by Finvarre

Top posters
Finvarre
the forge         I_vote_lcapthe forge         I_voting_barthe forge         I_vote_rcap 
Connor
the forge         I_vote_lcapthe forge         I_voting_barthe forge         I_vote_rcap 
Ryan
Zechs
Xixas
NagaTheFallen
Sumaru Amaya
Vellon (Takumi)
Gidori Vandor
Nikolai Forge

the forge

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vellon (Takumi)

Vellon (Takumi)

the forge         Empty
PostSubject: the forge    the forge         EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:53 pm

The forge was beyond my wildest dreams. It had not only a coal-bed, anvils, and all the tools necessary it also had a crucible and blast furnace, which meant all my work could be done organically, without intervention from my powers.

Myself and the voidling, which i had taken to calling shade got to work; clearing the area and taking stock of all that we had. We had quite a bit as it seemed: Forty barrels of coal, ten barrels of iron ore, one crate of iron blanks, three barrels of sand, a water pump and trough for cooling, and three crucibles.

Now it came time to start making magic happen. I asked shade to begin pumping up the coal, as hot as he could, while i prepared the blast furnace, pilling coal inside it. After I finished with that I filled all three crucibles with iron ore, sand and coal to make crucible steel, a strong lightweight steel. Of course it was also very rare now-a-days cause many didn't know how to make. The only reason i did was because I had felt the composition of crucible steel before, in a sword shop.

Igniting the coal in the blast furnace i sealed the top and went to sit by shade. I tried to strike up a conversation as it would be several hours before the steel was done.

"Can you speak?" I asked him.
"Yes" He replied, still working the bellows.
"How come you never speak to me then?"
"You never asked anything of me" was his reply.
"Do you resent working for me?" I ask, attempting to get a foothold on his bearings.
"No, my master wished it, so it will be done. In this, I fulfill my purpose." It was a simple reply that left me stunned. he had been created literally to serve.

I leave him now and check the heat of the steal, adjusting air intake as necessary. When i'm satisfied I go and dunk my head in the barrel of water, the heat starting to get to me.

After several hours i remove the crucible and let it cool on it own, dunking it in the water would cause a steam explosion.

After about an hour i return and break the crucibles open to find several steel blanks for me to use. I immediately go about shaping them. Forming them takes time, and a steady hand. A constant hammering must be echoing through the castle as the blade takes shape. Shade only watches and awaits commands, never interfering or help without permission.

Finally the first blade is finished, selecting a leather wrapped hilt, I fit the blade and rivet it in place securely. The blade shaped and done i move to a grind stone and begin sharpening and polishing the blade.

The blade was a fine blade, worthy of any knight of the realm. I place it on a rack a begin making a different blade, the head of a speak called a glave. This one I engrave with flowing marks in the steel because the blade is thicker and the steel can handle the engraving without becoming weak. I place this on the rack after attaching a steel handle. Lastly I make two long dagger, both around 3 and a half feet long, slightly curved. These are meant for the stealthy rouge, to press them between the ribs of unaware enemies. I place these on the rack as well and admire them.

Now i walk over to a chair and sit, thinking of the day spent in the forge. I was sore, smelled, and my hands ached, yet i had never felt better. In a few weeks i would have an armory for those who join us this was my purpose and i would fulfill it well. I dismissed shade and headed upstairs for a nice bath, certain tomorrow i would create more weapons and armor... I had almost forgotten armor.
Back to top Go down
Vellon (Takumi)

Vellon (Takumi)

the forge         Empty
PostSubject: Re: the forge    the forge         EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 3:24 pm

This place was now my home, my music the sound of hammer and tongs, of fire and heat. I had found my calling, and my muse. In this practice i had unlocked new secrets of alchemy; the properties of flame and oxygen for instance. The more oxygen the brighter and hotter the flame. However, too much and the flame would be blown out.

I worked continuously, sometimes without sleep. I sometimes ventured out into the night to finally get some rest, but it was fitful and not very reinvigorating. So my life had become this cycle, and it was beginning to wear on me. My temper began to sharpen as i became angry at myself and shade for any mistakes. I soon sought perfection in all things i created in the forge and often destroyed anything less then.

The forge was my home, and my disease. It consumed my every thought and every action. Nothing without purpose and nothing without place. I began to feel the gate, close inside me. This scared me beyond all manner of foe. If the gate closed, it would never reopen.

I made my decision, without word of warning i left, I left for the woods and the wilds once more, to find myself. before leaving I asked the voidling to arrange the armors and armaments we had created. These took up most of the room, stacks of swords and spear, and hundreds of sets of armor.

I left them there, determined to figure out what i was missing. To figure out why my gate was closing.
Back to top Go down

the forge
Page 1 of 1