Legends Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legends Reborn

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Seraph vs Elf... Gidori vs Temran...Earthly vs Heavenly.
A Meal Along the Sea EmptyWed Oct 07, 2020 7:52 pm by NagaTheFallen

» Im outta here
A Meal Along the Sea EmptyFri May 31, 2019 1:05 am by Gidori Vandor

» The Arctic Voyage
A Meal Along the Sea EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 1:01 am by Zechs

» Thief in Sarizate. Not surprising
A Meal Along the Sea EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 9:47 pm by Aj16amc

» Walking through
A Meal Along the Sea EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 6:36 pm by Nikolai Forge

» Beginnings, and confusion.
A Meal Along the Sea EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 6:12 pm by Sumaru Amaya

» Return to our Roots?
A Meal Along the Sea EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:58 pm by Ryan

» Quertie Jeff. Vaium
A Meal Along the Sea EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:20 pm by Finvarre

» Lost... In a city of Light. Ironic, huh?
A Meal Along the Sea EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:19 pm by Finvarre

Top posters
Finvarre
A Meal Along the Sea I_vote_lcapA Meal Along the Sea I_voting_barA Meal Along the Sea I_vote_rcap 
Connor
A Meal Along the Sea I_vote_lcapA Meal Along the Sea I_voting_barA Meal Along the Sea I_vote_rcap 
Ryan
Zechs
Xixas
NagaTheFallen
Sumaru Amaya
Vellon (Takumi)
Gidori Vandor
Nikolai Forge

A Meal Along the Sea

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Connor

Connor

A Meal Along the Sea Empty
PostSubject: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:51 pm

I had left the Castle, going out for a hunt. Ever since the coming of those people, I felt the need to feed more intense and did not want to harm them because of that. I would have be a bad host if I did.

So there I was, hunting in the cliffs for a meal. A sole mountain goat would not have satisfied me, I needed at least half a herd. So far, I had left a couple behind, their Shadows gone within me.

In the night, only an acute eye could have noticed that I had fed. A human would only have seen a couple of goats laying down, passed away. My feeding was not meant to kill, just to temporarily drain. Only in great need would I have killed while feeding. This away from population, I was sure not to scare anyone, but maybe instill a rumor because of the animals...
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

PostSubject: Re: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 11:22 pm

The cliffs jutted out over the ocean, white foam jarring up from the force of them crashing against the rocks. Staring over them with a new found sight, I could tell that the world was much more unique than I had remembered.

"How odd.."
Back to top Go down
https://legendsreborn.forumotion.net/t82-finvarre-light-caelator#
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 11:31 pm

I had found another goat right before me. I felt like this one could have been the last for a little while. But then I heard a sound coming from nearby, like someone's voice. Who could it have been, so late in the night?

I carefully got a hold of the goat and sucked in his Shadow before letting it go, making it lay on the ground softly. I then became more aware of my surroundings, but I did not see anyone nearby. Maybe had it just been my imagination?
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

PostSubject: Re: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 12:07 pm

Death filled the air, its raw stench pervading my nostrils. the rocky planes were only disturbed by the forest to the west, its depths hidden with darkness. Having my new found sight, no shadows were truly sight hindering. Seeing some of the wild goats and sheep laid on the ground, I became suspicious.

"What in gods name?..."

What could possibly be killing them without... Injuring them?
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 1:08 pm

I heard it again. Now I was sure it was not just my imagination. Turning towards its source, I carefully stepped as to not make a sound and not be seen. In general, people travelling during the night were not all as good intended as I was.

Taking my precautions, I transformed into a black Mountain goat and went casually towards the sound.
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

PostSubject: Re: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 1:54 pm

My Katana was out in a second, as I heard movement.

"Who's there."

Steady hands held the grip of my sword, and careful eyes watched for my enemy.
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 2:01 pm

My hooves clapped on the ground as I approached timidly, letting out a cry or two. When I saw the sword, I took a step back, acting to be afraid.I simply bowed and ate some herb, like a normal goat would have done.

Ah, it would seem I was right... I would better be on my guards.
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

PostSubject: Re: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 2:12 pm

Frowning at the Goat, I flashed my Katana once more. The aura surrounding the beast was off....

"You aren't really what you say you are, are you..."
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 2:18 pm

I lifted my ears at her question. It seemed my camouflage was broken. Looking at her, I smiled and said:

"Well, well... It seems like you goat meh.*"

(*Read this as a pun for "got me" ^^ *)
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

PostSubject: Re: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 2:20 pm

I smiled slightly.

"Your aura gives you away. Now then. Why are you taking these animals lives, without giving them proper burial? What will happen to their bodies? THey'll merely rot here..."
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 2:28 pm

I lifted an eyebrow at her questions.

"Oh, and I thought I had a decent Vampire before me..."

I transformed back into my Vampire appearance, the disguise was of no use anymore.

"If you looked carefully, you would have seen that neither of them are dead. Just a little drained of their energy."
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

PostSubject: Re: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 2:34 pm

"A little? Look at the poor things... They're barely breathing, and their heart rate is that equivalent of a coma."

Frowning, I whistled a low to high tune, and called my pack out.
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 2:41 pm

I spread my arms open in a motion of peace then continued:

"Vampires feed on the blood of Humans and no one bats an eye, yet I feed on non-Humans and people start to loose their minds? It seems this world really has changed, then..."
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

PostSubject: Re: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 2:44 pm

My eyes narrowed as he brought up the touchy subject.

"I. Don't. Do. That."

My katana was under his jaw, and my eyes narrowed.

"I would feed once enough, taking as little as I could to still live. I ripped out part of my mouth to make glands for a numbing agent. I'm sorry, I don't DO that. In fact, I kill those vampires."

The left side of my nose went up, and I could feel the urge to snarl in anger rise in me.
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 2:49 pm

I smiled.

"Oh, it seems I hit a touchy spot, did I not? A rebel Vampire it is, then. Those are quire rare these days. Still, you need the blood of Humans to survive, whether you like it or not."

I took the blade between my thumb and my index and tried to move it away from my throat, gently, yet serious.
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

PostSubject: Re: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 2:54 pm

Sighing, I returned my blade to standing position.

"Yes.... And I don't like it, actually.."

Frowning, I looked at him.

"Why were you hunting the goats?"
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 3:00 pm

I chuckled, letting go of the blade.

"Well, obviously, I was hungry, so I had to find somthing to feed off from. While I must admit that Humanoids have a far better taste, I would rather use animals instead of risking another's life. Animals have the instinct to survive, so they will. Not all Humans are strong enough to recover completely."
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

PostSubject: Re: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 3:32 pm

"I'm afraid that I don't understand. Would you mind going into detail?"

Frowning, I looked at him.

"You eat what, exactly?"
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 9:21 am

I gave her a suspicious look. She was asking a lot of questions. But this last one seemed legitimate, although a little impolite.

"Well, just like any Vampire, I feed on a part of one's body. Although, I must be honest, not on the same part. I believe that, if you look carefully at one of the goats on the ground, you will see what I mean."

Saying so, I pointed a goat next to her.
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

PostSubject: Re: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 10:44 pm

"You'll pardon me, if I say, that I'm blind."

As if to prove my point, I took off my lenses, and bore the pain of the brightness.

"I only see certain things, no color, only shades of grey, and mass black if there are large shadows. However, upon inspection, Since you morphed with the forests shadows... I'd say that you feed on said apparitions, is this correct?"
Back to top Go down
Connor

Connor

PostSubject: Re: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 7:49 pm

I clapped my hands together.

"My, my, very few blind people could understand that much. Indeed, I feed on Shades. Pardon me if I offend you, but I believe that, even though it weakens a lot the being from whom I feed, it is less dangerous than feeding off of blood, even though it is as much reprehensible."
Back to top Go down
Finvarre

Finvarre

PostSubject: Re: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 7:54 pm

"I take a pint."

Frowning, I held my arms, crossed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Meal Along the Sea   A Meal Along the Sea Empty

Back to top Go down

A Meal Along the Sea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legends Reborn :: Kakusu Territory :: The Cliffs-